Lechler History

https://smitsgroup.co.nz/Content/SiteResources/PAGE/2697/brand_page_lechler_history_image1_@2x.jpg

Lechler since 1858 - The culture of colour for your life

For over a century, we have been promoting the culture of colour. We know the language, and the neologisms; we study the trends and future scenarios. But above all, we own the technology to produce all these things.

Finally, the "colour idea" has become a determining element in the design of a space, room or object.

...and we won't stop colouring the world.
 

https://smitsgroup.co.nz/Content/SiteResources/PAGE/2697/brand_page_lechler_history_image2_@2x.jpg

Lechler: over 150 years of history

2014

Lechler Color Design: Lechler's new concept connects chemical development with the evolution of the language of colour.

2013

Lechler S.p.A. acquire the control of the I.V.E. Group and set foot in the Brazilian market.

2010

Lechler celebrate 100 years, rich in history, plenty of avant-garde ideas, challenges, evolution and progress. An Italian history, which begins on the 24th February 1910 when Chr. Lechler & Figlio Successori in Ponte Chiasso acquire rights to the brand and becomes an Fabbrica italiana di vernici e smalti (Italian paint and coatings factory). Dr Agop Manoukian, President of Lechler S.p.A., write the second volume of the Lechler series Lechler.Chronicles of a Brand titled “One hundred years of Italy’s Lechler” and the third is a collection of pictures named "Through Images".

2008

To celebrate the 150 years of our brand, Dr. Agop Manoukian writes the first volume of a series of three volumes edited by OEMME Venice: Lechler. Chronicles of a Brand. The first volume of the series is titled “Paints and Coatings since 1858”.

2008

The new production plant for Industrial water based products is installed in Foligno.

2007

The world-renowned Stoppani brand of Marine coatings established over many years in the European market is acquired.

2006

LechlerTech is developed for the industrial customer offering versatility, quality, performance and choice making then competitive on durability and cost in the market place.

2006

The new production plant for Hydrofan system is installed in Foligno: starts a new era of the third generation water based system, called H3O.

2001

The Centre for Excellence is opened in a multipurpose building dedicated to the technical training with refresher courses for customers for all the Lechler coatings products.

2001

Group restructuring - Lechler SpA is founded by merging all Italian Companies in the Group.

1999

Hydrofan is developed, the system that considerably reduces the solvent impact into the atmosphere.

1999

Opening in Kassel of Lechler Coatings Germany.

1998

Consolidation of all Decorative activities into a new brand called Chrèon.

1998

Further development of foreign subsidiaries - Lechler Coatings France and Lechler Coatings Iberica.

1996

First approval to ISO 9001 standard.

1995

The opening of Lechler Coatings UK near Manchester: the global expansion phase starts.

1991

Acquisition of Argon in Ospedaletto Lodigiano (LO) producing printing inks and printing equipment.

1980

Acquisition of a company in Foligno (PG) producing decorative paints.

1980

Lechler develops its multipurpose system and enters the General Industry market.

1972

BSB: the new two-coat system for car refinish. The Lechler product is used in the Fiat plant of Rivalta (TO) for the new models in metallic colour for the Fiat 128 and 131.

1970

The new plant and the headquarters in Como - Rebbio and Luisago are inaugurated.

1962

The first inks for textile printing are developed with the Manoukian brand.

1956

With the entry of Ing. Noubar Manoukian starts the technical restructuring of production.

1950

Frama's products are sold for the decorative and fine art sectors.

1948

F.lli Manoukian - Frama is born to develop the cosmetics make-up sector.

1938

The company orientates towards manufacture and marketing of Refinish and Industry paints. In this period was developed Lechleroid, the first nitro-combi topcoat for car refinish.

1932

Syntex: the first alkyd resin topcoat created to an original Italian formulation was developed by the Research & Development department.

1925

With the entry of Dr. Onnik Manoukian independent R&D activities begin.

1910

The Italian subsidiary becomes independent. The Lechler brand is now deeply rooted in the country.

1889

The opening in Ponte Chiasso (Como) of the Italian subsidiary.

1858

The establishment in Germany in Stuttgart of the paint company.

<< Back